The Forks of Cypress was a cotton plantation and Greek revival plantation house near Florence in Lauderdale County, Alabama. It was designed by architect William Nichols for James Jackson and his wife, Sally Moore Jackson. Construction was completed in 1830.
It was the only Greek revival house in Alabama to feature a two-story colonnade around the entire house, composed of twenty-four Ionic columns. The name was derived from the fact that Big Cypress Creek and Little Cypress Creek border the plantation and converge near the site of the main house.
Although the main house was destroyed by fire in 1966, the site was listed in the Alabama Register of Landmarks and Heritage on April 14, 1992 and the National Register of Historic Places on October 10, 1997.
View all AHC Owned Forts, Battlefields & Archaeological Sites
This historic site is located on private property and may not be accessible.
For more information please Eleanor Cunningham at 334-230-2668 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This site is not available for rentals.
Jackson Road, Florence, Alabama