Fendall Hall is one of Alabama's outstanding
Italianate houses and contains elaborate and rare
interior decorative painting dating from the 1880s.
Completed in 1860 by Edward and Anna Young, it was
home to five generations of the Young family. Among
its many treasures are family and period
furnishings, marble mantles, and a black and white
marble tiled entry. The five-acre site includes
gardens and archaeological features.
Fendall Hall was built by Edward Young, one of
Eufaula's leading citizens, around 1860. After
serving as home for five generations of Youngs and
their descendants, the house is now open to the
public. It was purchased by the Alabama Historical
Commission (AHC) in 1973 for preservation as a house
museum. It is restored and interpreted to the
1880-1916 occupancy of the home.
Site Director: Deborah Casey
Phone: (334) 687-8469
Adults $5; college students, seniors,
military $4; children 6-18 $3
available for ten or more booked in advance
Blue Star Museum: free admission for active duty
military and families between Memorial Day and Labor